To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Responsible for the ongoing management of the ED patient care and operations to facilitate clinical and service excellence to include: the management of ED nurses and staff, the management of the delivery of quality patient care and the facilitation of patient flow to internal and external resources; the facilitation of efficient operations to support the delivery of patient care; and the ongoing management of regulatory and organizational compliance requirements. Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with the Bridgeport Hospital mission, values and customer service standards.
* 1. Manages the performance of Emergency Department nurses and staff to facilitate clinical and service excellence.
* 1.1 Reviews resumes and applications and identifies candidates to participate in the selection process.
* 2. Manages the ongoing delivery of quality patient care and facilitates patient flow to internal and external resources.
* 2.1 Receives and provides report, and evaluates ED volume, patients' status, staffing resources and operational requirements. Deploys resources accordingly.
* 3. Manages and administers clinical and operational resources to facilitate the delivery of patient care.
* 3.1 Prepares and executes the schedules of EDT, RN, and Business Associates to meet ongoing patient and operational requirements and in consideration of ED budget constraints.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelors degree in Nursing or currently enrolled in Bachelors program
Minimum 3-5 years ED experience required. Progressive leadership experience desirable with proven track record of success in program development or participation, program implementation in areas of clinical patient care management, staff development and specialty services materials management.
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...