To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As a core member of the Care delivery team, the Registered Nurse practices as the patient's nurse and collaborates with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level. Through utilization of the nursing process, the nurse assesses and treats patient and family responses to actual or potential health problems. The registered nurse is accountable to the patient, family, peers and manager. Patient care is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the Standards of Professional Behavior with attention to patient centered care. Key principles for patient centered care are participation, dignity, respect, information sharing and collaboration.
* 1. 1. Nursing Process
* 1.1 1.1 The Registered Nurse (RN) uses the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation while caring for our patients maintaining confidentiality and dignity. In addition provides safe, effective evidenced based care tailored to the individual needs of the patient and family. As a core member of the care delivery team, the RN partners with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level using the principles of patient/family centered care.
* 2. 2. Clinician Patient Relationship
* 2.1 2.1 Demonstrates a holistic and caring approach throughout the nurse patient relationship.
* 3. 3. Clinical Expertise/Problem Solving
* 3.1 3.1 Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to support the work of the team, unit activities and the accomplishment of positive patient outcomes.
* 4. 4. Collaboration/Teamwork
* 4.1 4.1 Delegates responsibilities to appropriate members of the care delivery team based upon an understanding of others' scope of practice, knowledge and capabilities to ensure optimal use of personnel.
* 5. 5. Practice Development/Positive Impact (improvement of the self and improvement of the practice of nursing)
* 5.1 5.1 Successfully completes the competency based orientation within designated time frame
* 6. 6. Leadership
* 6.1 6.1 Communicates in a calm professional manner with patients, families, colleagues, members of the care team and other hospital personnel, accepts end elicits feedback and works toward resolving problems and clarifying issues and concerns.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing., Licensed and a current Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut All Registered Nurses must have a current BLS certification.
Registered Nurse with 1 year experience in an acute care healthcare facility
Current RN license in State of Connecticut
Excellent communication, interpersonal,effective coordination and organizational skills.
Requires traveling to different assignments each day at different clinical sites and/or delivery network organizations. Requires prolonged standing, walking, use of sight, hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, infusion, intensive, maternal, nurse, registed, surgery, tcu, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...