To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Under medical direction, a Level 1 Respiratory Care Practitioner works within and is accountable to comply with departmental guidelines and accepted respiratory care practices and assumes responsibility and accountability for recommending and coordinating respiratory care to patients. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* 1. Performs therapeutic respiratory modalities on all age populations according to physician's orders, established pharmacological standards, hospital and departmental policies and established practices as evidenced by direct supervision and feedback.
* 1.1 Demonstrates basic respiratory care skills appropriate to clinical area.
* 2. Performs invasive mechanical and non-invasive ventilation on all age populations according to physician's orders, and established departmental policies and protocols as evidenced by direct supervision and feedback.
* 2.1 Demonstrates basic knowledge of theory and operation of respiratory critical care equipment and respiratory monitoring systems.
* 3. Performs emergent respiratory care modalities on all age populations, according to established hospital and departmental policies and practices as evidenced direct supervision and feedback.
* 3.1 Responds to emergency situations requiring respiratory care procedures or equipment in an expedient manner.
* 4. Assures proper functioning and availability of all departmental equipment as evidenced by direct supervision and feedback.
* 4.1 Participates in the verification and maintenance of properly tested equipment 100% of the time; removes defective equipment, as appropriate, for proper tagging and servicing.
* 5. Demonstrates ability to document, report and maintain patient and departmental records, including outcomes appropriately, accurately, and consistently 100% of the time, according to established hospital and departmental policies, practices and procedures as evidenced by chart review, direct supervision, and feedback.
* 5.1 Effectively utilizes institutional documentation systems to obtain, record and update patient's clinical data and charges accurately and legibly.
* 6. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional development as evidenced by direct supervision and feedback.
* 6.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by completion of self-assessment skills checklist and ongoing communication with shift lead.
Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
Less than 1 year acute care experience as a respiratory care practitioner.
NRP required and PALS certification preferred. Successfully earned the CRT credential through the NBRC. Current BLS at the Health Care Provider Level. Current license to practice respiratory therapy in the State of CT.
Effective interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. They are occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Associated topics: hematopathology, medical, medical technologist, mls, molecular, technician i, technician ii, technician iii, technician iv, technician laboratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...