To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Responsible for performance of all speech- language, communicative, and swallowing diagnostic and rehabilitative procedures on inpatients and outpatients; specifically, conducts evaluations and analyzes the results to diagnose the disorder; recommends and conducts appropriate rehabilitation intervention; counsels the patient and family (as approved by the patient) as to the current status of the patient and plans appropriate intervention to address the specific needs of the patient; writes reports on all diagnostic and rehabilitative procedures in the EMR.
* 1. Clinical
* 1.1 Able to interpret physician referrals to perform basic clinical evaluations.
* 2. Educational
* 2.1 Attends department in-services.
* 3. Administration
* 3.1 Complies with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
* 4. Clinical Supervision
* 4.1 Participates in regular meetings with supervisor and/or team leader and reports pertinent information on a timely basis.
* 5. Human Relations Skills
* 5.1 Demonstrates respect and regard for dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsive and courteous hospital environment.
Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology; Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology completed
One (1) to two (2) years as a clinical speech language pathologist in a large medical center based practice preferred. Experience working with children and/or adults depending on the assigned setting. Clinical experience with a variety of diagnoses to include post-surgical, developmental, neurological, genetic, oncologic and traumatic.
Must maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as a Speech - Language Pathologist in CT.
Experience with FEES, MBS and TEP preferred. Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and organizational skills.
Requires exposure to blood and body fluids, hazardous materials and communicable diseases. Requires long periods of standing and walking. Requires lifting and positioning of patients.
Associated topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist, speech therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...