To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs routine and special laboratory tests according to written protocols. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* 1. Accepts, prepares and assesses clinical specimens.
* 1.1 Verifies the name on tube or specimen with requisition. Investigates and documents all findings related to discrepancies.
* 2. Performs all testing and related calculations.
* 2.1 Organizes workload, minimizing specimen processing delays and maximizing efficiency in processing tests as observed by manager.
* 3. Evaluates and reports results.
* 3.1 Demonstrates an appropriate level of understanding of scientific aspects of laboratory testing as observed by manager.
* 4. Participates in additional activities that are necessary to satisfy department needs and requirements.
* 4.1 Assists in implementing changes in existing or new procedures designated by departmental needs as indicated by feedback and as observed by manager.
Experience in laboratory science.
Per diem, as needed for coverage.
B.S.M.T. (ASCP) or equivalent certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. They are occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Associated topics: blood collection, lab, medical, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, mls, sample collection, technician ii, technician lab, technician laboratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...