To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
* 1. RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
* 1.1 Performs diversified duties to operate boilers and auxiliary equipment to control the generation of a continuous supply of steam for heating the hospital and outlying buildings and to fulfill the requirements of various departments.
* 2. RESPONSIBILITIES/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
* 2.1 Works with other trades assigned to perform work at the boiler house.
* 3. SAFETY.
* 3.1 Assure the safety of patients, staff and visitors through enforcement of department safety policies and procedures. Adheres to safety requirements when performing job using the following safety equipment: 1. Safety Eye glasses 2. Face Shields 3. Ear Plugs or Mufflers 4. Dust Mask 5. Surgical Mask 6. Gowns 7. Boots 8. Gloves 9. Back supports
* 4. ADDITIONAL TASKS.
* 4.1 Performs any additional assignments as required by the manager/supervisor. 4.2 Attends all scheduled meetings and in-services as directed by manager/supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum five years trade experience.
PT 32 hours; Day/Evening shifts, 2-days and 2-nights
Must possess a State of Connecticut Operating engineers OE2 License.
Ability to read blueprints and specifications. Must be familiar with all plant operation guidelines, codes. Demonstrated knowledge of position in order to train and direct staff. Demonstrated ability to communicate well, both oral and written.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include distance, peripheral, depth and the ability to adjust focus. Demonstrated ability to perform the following physical activities within the course of the work schedule: 1. Stand, Walk 2. Uses Hands to Finger, Feel, Reach with Hands & Arms, Climb or Balance 3. Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl 4. Talk or Hear 5. Taste or Smell Ability to withstand the exposure to the following environmental conditions during the work schedule: 1. Outdoor Weather Conditions 2. Extreme Cold (non-weather) 3. Work in High Precarious places 4. Risk of Electrical Shock 5. Risk of Radiation Exposure 6. Bloodborne Pathogens 7. Flammable, Explosive gases 8. Toxic or Caustic Chemicals 9. Dust or Other Irritants 10. Grease or Oils 11. Infection from disease bearing specimens 12. Infectious/Contagious Diseases 13 Cleaning Agents/Chemicals 14. Hot or Noisy Equipment 15. Humid or West conditions (non-weather)
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE CONNECTICUT HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATES COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...