To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Under the general direction of the Project Leader, and in cooperation with all the members of the patient care teams, performs a wide range of clinical-support, administrative, and educational functions to fully support Project ASSERT in the Emergency Department. Although it is necessary to identify specific tasks relating to this position, the overriding responsibility is to integrate this role into the patient care model to ensure that the patient care team works for the good of the patient. The scope of practice includes but is not limited to diagnostic assessment, coordination of care, counseling, motivational interviewing, brief treatment, behavior modification, and mental health screening, and disposition planning. Other specific tasks may be added or deleted from the day to day operation of this position, as the patient care team adapts to the daily needs of the patients we serve.
* 1. In a professional manner, interviews patients in the ED to elicit health needs history.
* 1.1 Administers questionnaire in a pleasant , courteous, professional and empathetic manner.
* 2. Identifies, intervenes and refers patients with substance abuse and other health and/or access problems.
* 2.1 Reviews questionnaires in a timely fashion to identify health needs.
* 3. Communicates effectively with patients and all health care providers.
* 3.1 All interactions with staff, patients and families occur in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner.
* 4. Processes, files and otherwise appropriately maintains all patients' files and forms relating to Project ASSERT maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
* 4.1 Maintains accurate records, including surveys, interventions and referrals.
* 5. Monitors progress and follow-up
* 5.1 Arranges follow-up interview with patients who have been identified as having substance abuse problems to monitor their progress and compliance with follow-up.
* 6. Performs miscellaneous duties to assure success of Project ASSERT.
* 6.1 Updates project manuals.
* 7. In addition to the Hospital Standards for Customer Relations, must be able to balance compassion and empathy with pragmatism, exhibiting exceptional professionalism and customer relations skills, with particular sensitivity to the varying needs and communications styles of our culturally diverse patient, visitor, and employee population.
* 7.1 When interacting with the patient or family, remembers the emotional, financial, and physical stress they are experiencing and exercises self-control and behaves, and communicates with understanding.
Bachelor's degree preferred or combination of relevant experience / educational equivalent.
Three (3) or more years of experience in one of the following: 1) community/large populations health screening; (2) emergency department environment requiring significant patient interaction; or (3) substance abuse treatment or intake environment requiring significant patient interaction. Familiarity with community resources.
Day/evening with some weekends
Excellent interpersonal skills, with well-developed interviewing skills. Possess skills to provide expert verbal clinical presentation and consultation along the continuum of care and also must possess the ability to work with collateral health and mental health care professionals to ensure seamless treatment planning and execution. Excellent communications, coordination and organizational skills. computer literacy skills desirable. Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...