To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
A registered professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care and assumes the responsibility and accountability for prescribing, delegating and coordinating that care.
* 1. Demonstrates basic skill in assessment of health care needs.
* 1.1 Demonstrates basic skill in interviewing, observing and collecting health care data, performing systems assessment, identifying patient support system on admission according to hospital policy.
* 2. Demonstrates basic skill in planning for patient health care needs.
* 2.1 Initiates clinical pathway utilizing admission assessment and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital policies.
* 3. Demonstrates basic skills in implementing care to meet patient care needs.
* 3.1 Prioritizes patient care based on assessment.
* 4. Demonstrates basic skill in evaluating care delivered.
* 4.1 Assesses patient responses to medical and nursing interventions based on expected outcomes.
* 5. Documents outcomes appropriately, accurately and consistently.
* 5.1 Completes Admission Assessment Forms.
* 6. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional growth.
* 6.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by completion of self assessment skills checklist and ongoing communication with supervisor.
* 7. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed and following established policies and procedures.
* 7.1 Appropriately collects specimens, performs test and interprets results.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Those with a Diploma or Associate's Degree need to show evidence that they are actively enrolled in a BSN or MSN program.
Minimum of 2 years of Cardiac RN experience required. EKG proficiency preferred.
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) training must be obtained prior to employment or within one (1) month of hire. Other specialty trainings/certifications, if required for your practice setting, must be obtained within twenty-four (24) months of hire. This includes, but is not limited to ACLS, TNCC, ENPC, PALS, NRP, EFM, and ONC. RN must maintain required specialty trainings/certifications at all times during employment. If any training/certification expires, the RN will be suspended until it is obtained and documented.
Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.
Associated topics: asn, coronary, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...