SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Surgery Center of Connecticut (SCC) is a multispecialty outpatient surgery center located in Bridgeport, CT. SCC is a 3 OR and 1 procedure room center specializing in Orthopedics, Spine, GI, Urology, Pain, Plastics, and General Surgery. We are committed to clinical excellence and the highest level of personal care for each one of our patients.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs, month end reporting and other duties as assigned.
* Is responsible for direct supervision of non-medical personnel, including orientation and evaluation.
* Is responsible for human resource procedures for all Business Office staff.
* Ensures that administrative and accounting procedures are carried out timely and accurately.
* Responsible for purchase orders, petty cash and accounts receivable.
* Completes Business Office employee performance reviews annually.
* Works accounts receivable as needed and follows up on all accounts, individually as well as accounts with insurance companies.
* Determines accounts to be placed for collections.
* Acts as liaison with insurance companies
* Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all financial statements for submission.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll and forward to corporate for processing.
* Coordinate the Business Office so that the operation is most efficient for all concerned.
* Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to the Administrator.
* Works closely with the Administrator to promote the utilization of the Surgery Center.
* Responsible for the accurate interpretation and implementation of the terms of contracts with all third party payers.
* Bachelor's degree in related field and 5 years related experience required.
* Basic accounting procedures with some accounting background in a medically-related environment,
* Supervisory experience, extensive experience in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
* Medical terminology knowledge required. Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications.
* Good communication skills and phone etiquette.
Please send resumes to ...@scasurgery.com
2019-5971* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...