SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Surgery Center of Connecticut (SCC) is a multispecialty outpatient surgery center located in Bridgeport, CT. SCC is a 3 OR and 1 procedure room center specializing in Orthopedics, Spine, GI, Urology, Pain, Plastics, and General Surgery. We are committed to clinical excellence and the highest level of personal care for each one of our patients.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide support to the facility by performing medical billing office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Billing, Insurance Collections, Payment Posting, Patient Account Balances, Insurance Verification, and other duties as assigned
* Submit accurate primary and secondary insurance claims according to regulatory agencies and payer guidelines.
* Ensure all implants and supplies are priced and billed accurately.
* Follow up on all pended accounts, ensuring contract amounts are correct for all charges entered and correcting rejected claims.
* Ensures all payments and adjustments are accurately recorded.
* Documentation including notes, copies of EOB's, denials, and other correspondence attached to patient accounts.
* Verification that cash deposited in the bank and the amount posted in the system is balanced daily.
* Ensure timely resolution of accounts receivables from insurance and other non-patent payors.
* Work to reduce and maintain acceptable days in AR and work all unresolved accounts within timeframes specified in facilities policy and procedures.
* Follow up on all patient balance accounts, including assisting patients with their bills, and collecting patient payments.
* High School Diploma with a minimum of one-year experience in a medical billing office setting or other cash handling experience.
* Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications.
* Required knowledge of EFT, EOB, ERA and other forms of remittance advice.
* Be able to interpret the EOB, RA, and/or denial correspondence and apply to patient accounting system.
* Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology.
* Possess accurate judgment, especially handling AR, insurance claims, and dealing with patient accounts.
* Possess strong initiative to get daily work finished and processed.
Please send resumes to ...@scasurgery.com
2019-5972* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...