2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
BRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 203
Bridgeport, CT 06604
MATH INTERVENTIONIST (Grades 5-6-7-8)
(PART-TIME HOURLY FOR 30 WEEKS)
WILBUR CROSS SCHOOL
Seeking dynamic, courageous, and innovative teachers who are committed to excellence for every child and will accept nothing less. Individuals must be highly motivated and mission-driven; educators who can deal with the details while maintaining focus on the primary goals and objectives. The ideal teacher candidate will have a proven track record and/or demonstrated capacity for:
* Providing direct instruction to students identified as eligible for math services in individual, and/or small group settings.
* Uses identified needs to guide the learning process toward student achievement of district's math content standards. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects using formal and informal assessment data obtained from students.
* Uses a variety of math materials to support content standards and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
* Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
* Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, administrative guidelines, or specific program requirements.
* Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
* Conducts or participates in needed parent conferences and telephone conferences.
* Conducts student assessments to identify those eligible for intervention services, to plan instruction, and/or to assist staff members in learning various assessment techniques. Assess the accomplishments of students on a monthly basis and provide progress reports as required.
* Collaborates, as needed, with appropriate district/campus personnel regarding students who may need specialized interventions.
* Other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or designee.
* Certification/License: Math (229 math middle school; 029 math 7-12); Master's degree preferred
* and math tutoring experience preferred
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND WORK SCHEDULE:
* 30 Weeks
* Scheduled time will be 8:30 to 12:30 p.m. or as designated by building principal
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' website \"Human Resource/Jobs\" or access the website:
It is the policy of the Bridgeport Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, present or past mental disorder, mental retardation, or learning ability, in any of its education programs, activities, or employment practices.
\"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.\"
Associated topics: agriculture, algebra, astronomy, atmosphere, geoscience, math, molecular, molecule, physical chemistry, school of mathematics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...