Responsible for modeling demand, planning replenishment and managing inventories with an emphasis on ensuring service level goals are achieved at the lowest possible cost on all products within a specified area of responsibility. Work on building product level forecasts across VWR product offerings. Support Operations' initiatives in the areas of inventory and financial analysis. Participate in business planning and tracking team performance relative to goals. Develop proactive reporting tools that enable informed sourcing and purchasing decisions. Work with Suppliers to improve service level and fill rates to VWR and our customer.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
* Apply analytical and statistical techniques to develop a tactical demand forecast and replenishment plan supporting key product lines and/or customer segments.
* Determine optimal inventory position for each SKU/ stocking location. Maximize VWRs investment in inventory. Analyze data and make recommendations on increasing/decreasing inventory targets; establish ideal safety stock targets.
* Participate in inventory planning activities including, but not limited to, ownership and maintenance of supply planning models and/or ERP planning system.
* Support monthly Sales and Operations Planning process efforts.
* Apply appropriate mathematical and statistical tools to resolve business issues.
* Partner with Finance and Purchasing Teams to project, track and control Excess and Obsolete Inventory levels. Prepare purchasing and inventory forecasts and financial projections. Analyze variances between actual and budgeted/forecasted activity.
* Partner with purchasing team to ensure monthly, quarterly purchasing and inventory plans are met.
* Partner with Marketing, Advanced Operations and Product Development in the forecasting and coordination of both legacy products and new product launches and ensuring forecast/new product launches are properly input into planning models. Analyze the predicted impact of new supplier/product launches, product promotions, or discontinuations.
* Proactively adjust forecast and replenishment strategies to optimize inventory investment.
* Commit company resources to support new launches and initiatives.
* Negotiate changes with suppliers as needed.
* Identify and correct Supply Chain constraints by acting as liaison between Sales, Customer Service and Suppliers.
* Establish, maintain, report and analyze trends for Key Performance Indicators for forecast accuracy, demand variability, inventory, and backorder.
* Develop an understanding of product family life cycles and perform trending analysis to determine proper inventory levels.
* Drive process standardization.
* Monitor inventory data integrity (e.g., receiving/inspection, cycle count accuracy).
* Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
* College degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Management or other applicable discipline; MBA desirable
* 2-3+ years procurement experience with enterprise level planning
* Experience with APO or similar forecasting tools highly desireable.
* APICS/CPIM certification desirable.
* Global Supply Chain experience a plus.
* Formal problem solving training desirable, i.e. Six Sigma
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
* Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word). Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets; Strong system aptitude required
* Understanding of forecast and replenishment theory, obtained through APICS or similar training coursework.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills, experience in a matrix environment desirable.
* Strong analytical skills
* Solid knowledge and practical use of Forecasting and Inventory Planning tools; i.e. Logility, SAP, or equivalent. Mentor Buyer team.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@vwr.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Loading some great jobs for you...