RN - Registered Nurse Case Manager - Case Management 001 - PRN, Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, includes a licensed 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and St. Vincent's Special Needs Services. In 2012, and again in 2018, St. Vincent's achieved Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Known throughout the region for exceptional cardiovascular care, St. Vincent's specializes in primary care, breast health, obstetrics, emergency medicine, behavioral health, cancer care, bariatric, and orthopedics. St. Vincent's was founded in 1903 by the Daughters of Charity.
St. Vincent's Health Services is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an RN Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Per Diem) with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
* Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
* Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
* Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
* Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
* Ensuring and facilitating achievement of quality and clinical cost outcomes.
* Identifying, procuring and coordinating services and resources needed by patient and family for discharge.
* Demonstrates ability to be customer focused and able to effectively interact with physicians, team members, community agencies, families with diverse values, religious and cultural ideas.
* Ability to work independently with little direction, follow established policies and procedures and be accountable for team work. Good time management skills.
* Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
* Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross.
* Bachelor's Level Degree (BSN REQUIRED)
* Registered Nurse with 5 years of Clinical experience
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.